Sunday, March 30, 2008

Would you like some tea with your sugar?

Since October 1, 2007 I have cut sugar completely from my diet. I did this because I was going through 5 pound bags every 10 days for my iced tea and this was not going to help me in my lifestyle change. It was hard at first but I found that I could live without it. I used to bake a lot but of course with changing my eating habits I have cut back considerably. There are sugar substitutes and during the holidays I used it in my annual holiday bake-off. I love to bake and share my baked goods with family and neighbors and even though I do not bake as much as I used to I am able to share more of it because what I bake now I don't eat. It takes a lot of will power for anyone to beg off sweets and I am no exception. I have become stronger in my resolve to not use sugar. I certainly feel better for it and I won't be inheriting the Type II sugar diabetes that plagues my father's side of the family. You can do it, you can give up sugar. So toss out the ole sugar bowl folks and live better. The next time you make a glass of tea don't use sugar, if I can do it anyone can! Peace.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger